ColdBox is an amazing framework, and with it comes tons of great documentation. If there is one thing Ortus is known for its their documentation. There is so much documentation in fact that sometimes you can get a little lost if your new.
Ortus has tried as time continues to keep it easy to use, however so much has been added in the last few years it's hard to decide what to do when your just trying to get your project off the ground.
If you ask around, or use commandbox
coldbox app-wizard the most common answer is to use one of the pre built templates:
But which one is the right one?
Let's organize them first into their groups
REST Templates (API)
- rest - A RESTFul service ColdBox MVC template
- rest-hmvc - A modular RESTFul API Template
ColdBox Full Application Templates
- advanced-script - An advanced template
- elixir - advanced-script with ColdBox Elixir support
- elixir-vuejs - advanced-script with ColdBox Elixir and Vue.js
- supersimple - The most bare bones template
- simple - A simplistic ColdBox MVC template
So lets get more specific about the first question,
Do you want to build an API or a Full Application.
If you want to create an API check out this post
If you want to create an Full Coldbox Application check out this post
Post will be available soon...